• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop Apps

thefonebug

Lurker
Sep 6, 2016
I use Avast Battery Saver but this issue is probably universal. It has a function to stop apps from running in the background. How Can You Prevent Apps That You Stop From Immediately Starting Up Again? They return in seconds, literally. I only use it on downloaded apps and don't mess with system apps.

Thanks.

All those battery saving apps are just a joke :) I mean, they give you the impression they do something useful with running processes, whereas Android is doing it on its' own without any third-party apps.
What's more, using these apps may cause even worse battery performance than without them. Not to mention the sneaky way they use your data when installed (most of them).

You should really check this thread out :)

So, if your battery performance is worse than before:
  • try lowering your screen brightness
  • uninstall apps that are really energy consuming (or replace them with some light-weight alternatives)
  • buy a new battery - original BL-52UH is really cheap

Reactions: d320hax
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones