• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stop auto edits of photos when sharing

Androids8

Lurker
May 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

Looking for some help. When trying to share photos from the gallery (whatsapp, text, Instagram etc.) they automatically darken when i press the share button, and if i proceed with sharing the picture it will send this auto edited photo. When i look at the picture in the gallery, it is the original unedited picture. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Anything in preferences in the app you are sending with? You can also look and see what info or preferences the exif files have. The exif files will be in the camera app.

This has been an ongoing problem for years. The first real complaint about Photoshop I ever read 'THE CAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GREEN'
Apparently Photoshop corrected without asking.

Upvote 0
This sounds more like the brightness of your phone's display is set to maximum brightness or close to it, rather than some kind automatic 'conversion' of your photos. Your photos have a more or less fixed color profile, when you're sending a photo file your email app or texting app doesn't have the ability to do any kind of color correction, the file may be scaled down in the case of texting but that's an issue tied to file size, not altering the actual content of the file.
Viewing any photo on your phone will result in a particular overall appearance that will be different when compared to a different phone and to a computer monitor. Every display has it's own color profile and getting them all matched will involve a lot of effort (and money to buy all the necessary calibration tools).

Reactions: KBU2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones