• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stop auto-opening apps

Hey guys,

I'm running Android 7.0 and I'm trying to prevent my phone from auto-opening applications.

Whenever I recieve a message/notification and I only want to turn on my screen to read the notification, my phone automatically tries to unlock. I'm not touching the screen, often I'm using the powerbutton, but I noticed it even does this when I just pick up my phone off from the table/out of my pocket and not hitting any buttons (or screen) at all.

This problem isn't isolated just to the unlock screen, often when I'm using an app, it switches to a different app because of an incomming notification. I'm positive I'm not accidentally touching the notification banner (as would be unlikely to 'accidentally' touch the banner giving the screen size).

I have no Smart Lock setup and I can't find any other setting related to this issue.
Can anyone point me into the right direction/setting?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

I'm running Android 7.0 and I'm trying to prevent my phone from auto-opening applications.

Whenever I recieve a message/notification and I only want to turn on my screen to read the notification, my phone automatically tries to unlock. I'm not touching the screen, often I'm using the powerbutton, but I noticed it even does this when I just pick up my phone off from the table/out of my pocket and not hitting any buttons (or screen) at all.

This problem isn't isolated just to the unlock screen, often when I'm using an app, it switches to a different app because of an incomming notification. I'm positive I'm not accidentally touching the notification banner (as would be unlikely to 'accidentally' touch the banner giving the screen size).

I have no Smart Lock setup and I can't find any other setting related to this issue.
Can anyone point me into the right direction/setting?

Thanks in advance!

Are you using a smart watch is if so turn of smart relay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones