1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

stop automaitic update and del. apps related unused files.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by singlanhn, Apr 10, 2012.

1. singlanhn

singlanhn Lurker

Hello guys,
    I have two questions.
    1. Is there any way to stop automatic updates for pre-installed apps? I have tried by disabling auto update in update center, but it only stops for those apps which I have installed, not for those which came with Neo V, like "data monitor" and "wisepilot".
    2. Are the additional files which user have to download separately for some apps like 'six guns',etc are deleted automatically with the installation, or we have to del. them manually?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Android Enthusiast

Hi singlanhn,
    1. As I've seen disabling that option works for any app on the phone. For example Facebook and Google Maps are pre-installed apps and you will always get a notification that there is a new update available to download. So that option works for all the apps on the phone (pre-installed included).

2. No, those additional files are actually required to run the apps and will remain on the SD card. Even after you have uninstalled the games in most cases you have to remove those files manually.

Grazuncle and singlanhn like this.
  3. singlanhn

singlanhn Lurker

Thanks for replying.
    -> I have tried this, but "whispilot" and "voice search" are installed automatically again.

-> Is there any particular folder where these files are installed, or depends totally on the resp. app ?

4. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Android Enthusiast

-> Since those are pre-installed apps, even if you find a way to uninstall them, most likely they will be installed back. However when a new update is available you should be given the option to choose whether to install the update or not.

-> That depends on the app. For example, Gameloft apps will create a folder on the SD card named Gameloft/Games. And one additional folder will be created for each Gameloft game that you download.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews