• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stop contacts linking

smurph1

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2010
Northern Ireland, UK
For my father who has a Wildfire S (I used to), how do I stop it trying to link some contacts, some of whom are totally unrelated and not similar!?!?

This is VERY annoying and unwanted, and SHOULD be optable outof, as when it does the link, it "hides" one of them behind the other, so that it is hidden from the People list.

For my father who has a Wildfire S (I used to), how do I stop it trying to link some contacts, some of whom are totally unrelated and not similar!?!?

This is VERY annoying and unwanted, and SHOULD be optable outof, as when it does the link, it "hides" one of them behind the other, so that it is hidden from the People list.

Hi,
If you go to settings -> Accounts &sync, you can see the sync details under 'Manage Accounts'.

Uncheck the 'Contacts' button ifyou don't need. Ex: Facebook 'contacts' will be linked if it is selected.

Or simply press 'people' -> 'menu' and select 'view'. You can see all the contact list from where it is synced. You can also remove from there. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones