1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stop Error 67 Altogether??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HackADevice, Aug 20, 2012.

1. HackADevice

HackADevice Well-Known Member

I've heard about the error 67 people get for using WiFi tethering, but as well i've heard that the error 67 isn't from a phone error that would get updated but a thing used by the phone company to stop WiFi tethering.

In another forum they said that this error 67 could be "fixed" and then you could use WiFi tether for root users without the error.

Any Help???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I would try the other forum that they said it could be fixed...

3. Hashtag

Hashtag Android Enthusiast

Or just use barnacle tether once you're rooted. I've had no problems with it whatsoever.

4. polyhedral

polyhedral Newbie

I've never been able to use barnacle successfully.

5. ktb83

ktb83 Android Enthusiast

I remember reading something like that. I haven't seen proof of a fix for error 67.

I don't know of anybody who has gotten an error 67 from using the WiFi Tether for Root Users app on the Elite. You shouldn't need to fix anything to use that app. You do need to be rooted.

I'm tired of posting all the info in multiple threads like this, you can look for my lengthy post in one of the other recent threads if you're interested.

6. HackADevice

HackADevice Well-Known Member

Oh so the wifi tether for root users works? Can anyone else confirm that?

7. Hashtag

Hashtag Android Enthusiast

Lol, like ktb said, check the other threads. Yes, kinda, works for some.

8. joesabo

joesabo Lurker

After going to"settings"-"wireless & networks"-"mobile networks", I disabled all. This seems to have solved the problem for me using a deactivated optimus only for wifi.

9. SwagInfected

SwagInfected Newbie

is error 67 only on the virgin mobile roms? if so can we just use sprint roms

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews