1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stop giving me samsung phones!

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by tommason1968, Feb 21, 2011.

1. tommason1968

tommason1968 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    please tell me if Im wrong........ In 2009 I was given a samsung moment as a christmas gift from my wife. From the start this phone was plagued with problems. GPS fail,data lock, random boot loop etc. After mutiple replacements in eary Jan. of this year Sprint replaced the moment with the samsung intercept. Needless to say why but I was back at the sprint store and getting a little irritated. The next phone they gave me (which I still have) is the Samsung transorm. I thought "this ought to be alright. Big screen, nice keyboard", etc.. WRONG!!!. this phone has soo many bugs its amazing that it even got released. The screen sensitivity has its own random adjustments, random shortcut mode, involuntary reboots. I have already had to get an exchange with this device. So heres my point. When I got the original Moment the full retail was around $600. Since this long and frustraing journey with samsung phones started I have never recieved a phone that worked properly. especially for what was paid for originally. Am I out of line to want an EVO?

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Call sprint and talk to Account Services. Tell them your problem, and that all you want is to get out of a Samsung phone. I'm sure they will work with you to get you a working phone.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    I doubt they'll give you an Evo for a Transform, but I hope they do. Good luck
    !

4. rowuncw

rowuncw Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    My Fascinate has been nothing short of amazing. Super fast, thin as can be, great battery life. The TouchWiz interface was a bit laggy for me but after using Launcher Pro it's been great. I have yet to experience a true bug with this phone.

5. avenuePad

avenuePad Member
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Yeah, my Fascinate (really a Fascinate/Vibrant hybrid) has been nothing short of amazing. My only complaint is that the GPS was buggy when I first got it, but there was a fix for it and it works like a charm now. That said, not everybody likes the same things. Hopefully you'll be able to switch out of a Samsung because it doesn't sound like you're having much luck with their stuff.

6. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    galaxy S phones are way better than the past samsung phones.
    but they still have some slight issues that are common to the Moment.

7. MissJennell

MissJennell Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Female
    Manager
    Oregon
    The problem is they have given you mid range samsung phones. Ask if they will give you an Epic. I have one and I love it.

8. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Android Expert
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    Cary, NC
    I'm simply blown away that they let you get rid of the Moment in the first place! I was repeatedly stone-walled from getting anything other than the Hero option. It was a huge pain, but I eventually got them to, instead of swapping (and because they wouldn't let me have my upgrade back), eliminate my ETF on my Moment line because of all the problems.

Then I terminated the line, and went to Radio Shack and added a new line back on, and got the discount on the Evo that way. It was a PITA that I had to get a new #, but it was worth getting rid of that M-F.S-O-A-B.C-S.P-O-S Samsung Moment.

Get an Evo... And never look back. (Or wait for whatever is released this summer... if you can bear it).