1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stop kid turning off data?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by MrViking, Mar 20, 2021.

1. MrViking

MrViking Lurker

hey guys title pretty much says it all, is there a way to stop my kid turning data off?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Depends on how they are doing it.

If they are going into the settings and deliberately turning it off then you'll need to stop them accessing the Settings. There are apps in the Play Store that can set a PIN or password before you can access other apps (of your choice), though I've never used one.

If they are pulling down the notification slide and hitting the quick settings toggle then you could (on most devices) edit the quick settings and remove that toggle from there.

Or there's the sociological fix: tell them that if they don't leave that setting alone you won't let them play with the phone ;).

3. MrViking

MrViking Lurker

Thanks man, not sure is shes doing it intentional or not, i just want to block it either way :)

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Devices vary greatly, but on some of mine, inside the Developers Options, there is an option to force he device to always maintain a data connection even if Wi-Fi is available.

Generally, a device will automatically stop most cellular data flow whenever it can connect to a Wi-Fi source.
    This is to conserve data, as data is usually the expensive and limited portion of a cellular plan.

Perhaps this setting can be used by you for your purposes.

If you have not opened Developers Options on the device, you must first unlock them.
    The method to do this varies by device {of course, right?} but is usually quite easy.

The general gist of it, at least from the device that I am presently using for this answer, is:

Settings
    System
    About phone
    Build number
    {tap build number 7 times}

A small toast message will appear to let you know that 'You Are Now A Developer!'

Now back out to the homescreen, and:

Settings
    System
    Deveeloper options

Turn the switch on, and scroll through to find
    Mobile data always active

Screenshot_2021-03-20_10-19-01.jpg

Hopefully this, along with the suggestions from @Hadron , will achieve the desired results.

Fredtt686 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. adon25378

adon25378 Lurker