1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stop s3 from talking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Omar Days, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

Whenever my brother pinches the screen to edit the homescreens on his s3, it says "homescreen edit mode", and then when you choose a homescreen depending on which one it'll say "homescreen 4 of 7". How do turn it off? I've gone through all the menus to turn it off, but can't find it!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Its either driving mode (status bar) or settings-accessibility-talk back

3. matttye

matttye Android Expert

Can also be caused by apps that use the accessibility features due to a bug in TalkBack, such as Tasker and Light Flow.

4. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, nothing's worked. TalkBack's off, so is driving mode. And he has neither Tasker, or Light Flow.

lol it's bugging me more than him. :mad: Only happens when you pinch the homescreen to edit your screens.

5. hamiltonae

hamiltonae Lurker

I know this is an old thread, but it may help other people with this problem....
    I have had the EXACT same issue, I just now figured out what my problem was. I had installed "Smart Launcher" a couple of days ago, if you want Smart Launcher to show notification numbers of your text messages/voice mail, etc, the program prompts you to install an add on and activate it. When I turned off this add on notification, my talking phone finally stopped! I hope this helps others with the same problem!:rolleyes:

disc golfin and funkylogik like this.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Thanks and welcome to the community pal :beer:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews