• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stop screen turning on

crcjetty

Jun 27, 2011
Hi. just wondering if there was a setting to stop my screen from automatically turning on all the time.
it turns on when i plug it into a charger & also when i unplug it. it turns on when the battery is full. occasionally it will just turn on for no apparent reason.
i can't see why there would be a need for the screen to turn on like that. i would be happy with a tone for plugging & unplugging. even when battery is full. or even a setting to change the screen on time for these events separate from when i turn it on manually.
the reason it annoys me so much is that i have the screen to stay on for a lengthy period of time for other reasons.
it would be great if i could set it to never turn on unless i do it manually.

*bump*
Here here! I VERY much agree! How has this not got any replies? some cases make it harder to turn a device on and off and it's a time consuming and just another thing to fumble around with when in a rush when the wreched thing keeps turning itself on all the time. Surely leaving the screen in whatever state it was in would be the logical and desirable course of action. The notification LED makes me aware of when the thing is charging or not.. so why make the screen turn on all the time??

Surely there is an app to retain the last screen state on plug/unplug??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones