• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop Screensaver Lock

Does anyone know why my NEXUS S locks on my at random times of the day? The only way I can get back to my home screen is to remove the Bty. The thing locks on it's own, sometimes after 4 days, and sometimes after 6 hours, no set time. the screensaver is the startup screen, red, yellow, green and blue firework type of thing ending in a X... How do I turn it off or get back into my phone.
--
I have attached a click of the screen so you can see what it's doing.

Does anyone know why my NEXUS S locks on my at random times of the day? The only way I can get back to my home screen is to remove the Bty. The thing locks on it's own, sometimes after 4 days, and sometimes after 6 hours, no set time. the screensaver is the startup screen, red, yellow, green and blue firework type of thing ending in a X... How do I turn it off or get back into my phone.
--
I have attached a click of the screen so you can see what it's doing.

The X thing you are talking about is the boot animation for the Nexus S. If your phone is randomly locking and is frozen in a boot loop like this it may be defective.

Unless you have rooted your device, which may have problems with the rom you are running. If you aren't rooted, you really need to take it in to where you bought it, or call the Samsung support line.

From what you have said, it definitely sounds defective.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones