1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stop SMS appearing in Mail Inbox

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by disallowedwords, Mar 14, 2016.

1. disallowedwords

None

Aug 9, 2015
    Female
    St. Albans, Herts
    Hi all,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and recently started using the native-mail app (simply called "Email") because I put my business account on there.

Now, everytime I get a text message (SMS) it goes into my EMAIL inbox. I want to turn off this setting as I don't need my texts in my work inbox.

The unwanted dupliation occurs in both 'Email' app on my smartphone, AND my Microsoft Office Desktop application Outlook program on PC.

The email is provided through my website www.zoes.gallery and runs through Outlook (formerly called Hotmail).

I can see people have advised to turn off something called "Sync SMS" on the settings menu of the Android Email app, but I don't have this option. I have "Sync Messages" - but if I turn this off, this also turn off synching of all my email, not only syncing of SMS text messages. I've attached a screenshot.

It seems very simple but for some reason, they have not made it easy for an average, intelligent user like me to turn off the intrusion of constant texts cluttering my work email - something that I cannot imagine anyone would ever even want in the first place.

Help gratefully received!

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. disallowedwords

None

Aug 9, 2015
    Female
    St. Albans, Herts
    All sorted now. turned if off at the source.
    see pic.

Attached Files:

• 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      106.9 KB
      Views:
    jj14x likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.