• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stop syncing my p[hone contacts with my gmail contactts

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
If I navigate thru my phone contacts, there are none that are strictly a gmail contact, which is the way I want it.

I regularly export this list, first as a backup, as well as to import it into my desktop contacts.

The strange thing is that when I import it into my desktop contacts, all of my gmail contacts are in the list as well as the regular contacts.

There used to be a settings page in "Accounts and backup" for each google account that gave the user the option of toggling on or off syncing for a whole array of items, but no more. That's how I controlled this behavior in the past.

I'm assuming that this is the root of the problem, and there must be a new location for these sync setting, but I can't find them.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones