1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stop the audio player from shutting down

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by icanrule, Feb 9, 2011.

1. icanrule

icanrule Lurker

I have an Archos 3.2 with 2.2.1 Froyo installed on it and I am using the default music player that comes with it.

I use my bluetooth earphones that support a2dp. The way I use it is I turn on the device, turn on bluetooth and then turn on the music. Then I will turn off the display and then go on my mary way.

During the bike ride if I have to pause the music for any reason I will push on my earphones through a2dp which pauses it but the machine goes into immediate sleep mode.

It first shuts off bluetooth which takes about 10 seconds and then the machine shuts down. It happens so quick that when I push pause and then a second later push play it won't play because the machine thinks it is shutting down.

Is there any way to put a delay in this shut down. I'm looking for maybe a 5 minute delay. So that when I hit pause the device stays on for 5 minutes and goes into sleep mode.

I have found the option to turn display off in 2 minutes but I haven't found the option to tell the machine to turn off in 5 minutes of non-use which I think is where the problem might be.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download