1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stopped receiving e-mails, now can't add account...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LewiH, Jan 7, 2014.

1. LewiH

LewiH Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2014
    Hi guys. I originally posted in the 4G LTE section with no joy, but as I understand the UK spec 4G LTE is the same as the US spec S3 anyway?

Copied and pasted from the previous post:

"Recently got my first smart phone (S3 LTE) I had it synced with my hotmail account and everything was fine.

I then added my G-mail account to the e-mail program and it stopped updating either account. Even if I went into the program, selected the account and pressed the refresh button at the top it would just say it was loading but nothing would happen.

I then deleted both accounts to start again, now when I try and add my hotmail account it comes up with the "Checking incoming server settings" window but just stays like that... No e-mails

Really starting to wind me up a bit if I'm honest! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Lewis"

The only other thing I've tried since this was to clear the cache on the phone but this changed nothing... Seems like a bit of a strange one :thinking: anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Make sure you have a good wifi signal. Turn data off.

With no accounts in your Settings/Accounts, add your Google (gmail) account. See if the email app will load your emails. If not, it's probably the app. There are a lot of other email apps you can try.

If it works, add your Hotmail account in Settings/Accounts.

3. LewiH

LewiH Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried this and I can add my G-mail account but still not my hotmail...

I don't understand, my hotmail was working fine until I added my g-mail account (which is useless to me by the way) why can't I just get my hotmail back!?

4. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Try deleting both accounts, clear the email apps cache from application manager, reboot and try and set up again. Clearing the phones cache will not have cleared the email app's cache.