1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stopping an SMS mid-send

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by billynair, May 10, 2011.

1. billynair

billynair Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawaii
    Is there a way to cancel a txt that you know is not going through? it takes about 2 minutes for the "smart" phone to figure this out, but i know in 10 seconds. I use Handcent, if that matters, but I will see the red throbber spin for 10 seconds and realize it wont go through. on my old phone I just hit the "hang up" button and then retry it, on my DroidX I have hit all the buttons and nothing will cancel the send. It will stop my Pandora and will lock up all my other txts until its 2+ minutes are up, pretty irritating, especially if you are in a hurry.

(I wasnt sure which forum this goes under, and I also did a search and didnt find anything matching this issue, closest was problems resending once a txt has come back as undelivered)

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    You could try long pressing on the text that is trying to send and you are then offered a menu that contains "Edit" from which you ncould then save the text as a draft.

Hope this helps.

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    I found with Handsent that long pressing the text offered the option to "delete" which I did and which seemed to cancel the message sending.

4. billynair

billynair Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawaii
    I will try that. I tried on a few, but they were not stuck in limbo, I will see if I can get one stuck in the next little while. I think I tried it before and it wouldnt pop up the menu until after it was done "thinking"

5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    I must admit I gave up on Handcent in the end because the problem you are having of the texts "hanging" started to happen more and more frequently. And then I would get a flurry of repeat non-delivery notifications and I would have to restart my phone to stop them. Now using Go SMS with no such problems.

6. billynair

billynair Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawaii
    Yep! you click-hold the message that is hanging, and in the popup click "Delete message". it worked this last time, hope it will continue to work!!