1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stopping FOX News Alert Text Messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrgigabyte, Aug 8, 2011.

1. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 9, 2011
    Male
    UpState NY
    i know i can use verizons blocking but i forget want the right text number is for breaking news and bussiness alerts can some one help me or is there a good app that will work with gosms and does not use a lot of battery

thanks

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    im not sure i follow exactly what you mean... if the numbers are texting you, call verizon about it, give them the numbers that are texting you, and they should be able to cancel that from happening

3. mrgigabyte

None

Jan 9, 2011
    Male
    UpState NY
    Hi what I am trying to say is I used to have a block for these two alerts and the ninety days are done so like a dummy I did not save the right blocks so I am getting the texts again I have wrote to Fox and never get a response and the text they send you you can not reply

4. mrgigabyte

None

Jan 9, 2011
    Male
    UpState NY
    I also have gosms and I can put them on the blacklist but it does not delete them only hides them I like them to be deleted

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    What number are they texting from? It's usually a five or six digit number; once you get it you can google it to see of someone posted the cancellation instructions. Also, many texting services will respond to STOP to cancel it, or HELP for info about it; the "do not reply" usually is to discourage you from attempting to have a conversion with it

6. mrgigabyte

None

Jan 9, 2011
    Male
    UpState NY
    hi RyanB
    this is a first with all the forums i belong to that
    i notice that your from rochester so am i thats pretty cool , so here the deal the texts i am getting are foxbusiness_CCE10ECBA9F16309BA)A5D1E441@response.foxnews.com and foxnews just like that other one no 5 or 6 number when you sign up you can have it to your email or text i sign up for text at first but when i get my droidx i got a new one for email and dont i need both the email is better more info so i have email fox 3 diff email addresses and no reply at all so i figure the last thing to do is try the forums verizon has the 90 day blocks and i was using that but like a dummy i did not copy and paste the add to a folder and i have not had any lot finding wwhat i found before to do that the emails they give you a link but the text they dont i am using gosms and have black list them but i would like to get rid of text ones alltogether if i can

thanks mrgigabyte

7. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Have you googled that address? Try that and see of anyone has the same problem as you are in trying to cancel it.

8. mrgigabyte

None

Jan 9, 2011
    Male
    UpState NY
    no luck googled

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
  10. mrgigabyte

None

Jan 9, 2011
    Male
    UpState NY
    Ryan already tried its from their main website you can sign up for email or text that's the hole problem can't text back right now using sms Blocker optinno it's working good