1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stopping Gmail-Launched Chrome From Reloading Pages

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by BigNutz, Oct 16, 2018.

1. BigNutz

BigNutz Lurker

So I'm guessing I'll be outta luck without a rooted device, but just in case there is a way to totem this off, or if a developer happens to see it, I'm going forth.

OK, so I'm using Chrome Beta on a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, the Android Gmail app.

So as a news junkie, I receive many daily newsletters and routinely click through to read stories. My default is set to use the Gmail instance of Chrome, which by and large world well. I'll often send the website to the main Chrome Beta browser. I will often have opinions; opinions I'm pretty sure people want to read about (just kidding, I'm not that pompous!).

This compels me to engage with my fellow Americans in a variety of spirited banter. This is usually facilitated by a 3rd party website plug-in such as Spot.(dot)IM and usually satisfies my needs.

However there is a characteristic that I want to turn off, that is one of the biggest pretty peeves I have for the Chrome browser. If I have to switch apps or screens for some reason, After a certain amount of time when I return to the Chrome app and tab I was writing on, the website is being refreshed and anything I wrote is lost.

I don't believe it's A Chrome Beta issue, and I'm confident it's not unique to the Gmail instance, but I could be wrong. It can't be the connects section plug in, because the whole page is refreshed.

So I believe this to be a function of the Chrome browser as a battery/ memory saving feature. That's all great, but I want it turned off, but I don't see a way to do it. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Since the latest chrome update there is no option to fix. I hate it also