1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Storage capacity shown in windows explorer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mkc4091, Jul 15, 2013.

1. mkc4091

mkc4091 Lurker

Hi everyone,

I just bought the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus model GT-S7500L. I thought this model has 3GB storage capacity, but when connected to the PC, using windows explorer, it shows the total capcity is 1.83GB.

From the Samsung Kies software, it also shows the total capcity is 1.83GB. What happened to the 3GB storage space?

On your Windows Explorer or Samsung Kies software what does it shows for your total storage capcity?

The Galace Ace Plus model I got is GT-S7500L, do you know what is the difference between this model and the GT-S7500 (without the L). Any hardware differences such as memory storage space?

Thanks

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Some of the space is lost to formatting - just like on your PC - and somewhere close between 1GB and 1.5GB is used up by Android. The fact you have 1.83GB available is actually pretty good.

Don't know about your phone but if it has an SD slot, it might be worth getting a decent size SD card for it.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews