• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage for SD card

^^^ what Mike says. And in My Files app, tap "all files" then "extSdCard" :thumbup:

EDIT, i just reread your post.. the card should be shown in "Storage".
Has it ever worked in your phone?

I think what he's saying is that Storage provides a detailed breakdown of the internal storage used but for the extSD card it only shows the total capacity and the free space available, with no detailed breakdown.

A really good app is DiskUsage, which gives you a visual portrayal of the space used - it's like WinDirStat for windows. You can see at a glance the files and folders that are taking up the most space. :)

Alternatively use a file manager app as others have suggested. ES File Explorer is very good.

The problem with file managers/explorers is that they don't tell you at a glance the size of folders in a similar way that Storage in Settings shows you the space used by specific file types.

Try DiskUsage. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones