1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Storage full from internal apps.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by dagr1001, Feb 15, 2016.

1. dagr1001

dagr1001 Lurker

So over the past year I have had to empty my phone of apps photos and music almost daily with a continuing decreased amount of storage space and I don't know how to get it back. Currently the issue is I have one app on my phone, no photos, no music. Just an app. Having an SD card inside I use it to hold most of the app. But here's the issue. The phone only has 15 mb left of storage for me to use. Even after disabling other apps and uninstalling updates it stays around 15 mb. Currently the biggest app using storage is the app store using 97.5 Mb. uninstalling the updates on it only lower it to 88.9 MB. And then I can't add new apps. Can someone please help me figure out how to get more storage space,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

To start, understand that your phone has two types of memory: USER memory, where photos, files, music and video are stored (along with app data and settings); and SYSTEM memory, where you actual apps and operating system are stored. Your call log and SMS/MMS messages are also here, and can really eat up system resources. If I woke up in your shoes, I would clear out the call log and as many old SMS/MMS threads as I could. You might be surprised at how much those two items free up. You can also try clearing out the caches.

If that fails, it may be time for a data wipe / factory reset. Like it sounds, this will restore your phone to out-of-the-box state: you will have to sign in, set it up again, and download your apps again. But it will clear out memory. I hope this helps.