• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage & Insurance Cards

Since I have two vehicles I download my insurance cards from USAA onto my phone. Had to take my Tundra and Accord in for their yearly inspections. Went to the Toyota and Honda dealerships. Showed those guys the digital copy of my insurance cards on my EVO 4G and they didn't have a problem accepting the digital copies. No need to print that crap out anymore. I think the cops would accept digital copies as well. Innovation!:eek:

Just got my EVO 4G and have been reading up on some of the super cool stuff that I can do with it. This idea is one that I like but I fear handing my phone to a cop to take down the info. I have no problem with police but I don't trust anyone to hold my phone, especially possibly on a busy street! Now, I am going to keep digital copies of insurance and registration on my phone as a backup. I hate when I have to provide my license plate and have to run outside to go look at it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones