• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage is shrinking despite having apps installing to SD card.

spl4000

Apr 25, 2019
I bought this Android 5.1 phone on eBay. I know the version should be more recent but I somehow did not pay attention to the Android version when I bought it. All of my help is in the thread title. Could somebody please help me despite this being an old version? I apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thing is when you move apps to the SD card, it only moves part of the apps. And many apps will still keep their user data, caches, etc. in the internal storage, because that's how they were made by their devs. Which is likely why your apparent free storage space appears to be "shrinking" . Of course I don't know what device you've got there, so I can't really help much more. But just to say that moving apps to the SD was deprecated a long time ago. as some apps wouldn't function correctly when moved to SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones