• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Storage Issue!

Shannybaby99

Oct 17, 2010
I have a Motorola Droid and i have the notification "Phone storage space is getting low." it says total space: 14.83GB and available space: 14.54GB

I dont know what to do to fix the issue, i cleared all data and deleted some apps i wasnt using and nothing happened. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

The total space listed is for your microSD card, not your phone. Move as many apps as you can to the SDcard (do not move apps that have homescreen widgets).

I did that and it didnt make much of a difference, a lot of apps i couldnt put on the SD...aghhhh this is frustrating.

Does that mean i cant have that many apps on my phone?

Upvote 0
I did that and it didnt make much of a difference, a lot of apps i couldnt put on the SD...aghhhh this is frustrating.

Does that mean i cant have that many apps on my phone?

Clean your cache out. You'll get a lot of space back. You'll occasionally have to re-clean it to keep your free memory at its max.

I use "Quick App Clean Cache," which is worth the $.82, but there are free ones. Just type "cache clean" into the market search window.

Also, clean off all your junk... local emails, SMS/MMS, etc., and anything else that is stored directly on the phone (and not in SD card).

As a last resort, you can "root" your phone, and then there are apps that let you move additional programs to SD that typically are not allowed to be moved to SD. For example, moving the Skyfire browser to SD, along with Flash 10.1 and Handcent SMS will get you back about 22Mb. Those are apps you can't normally move when not rooted. (See move2sd enabler).

The bottom line is that the DROID 1 desperately lacks in storage memory and you have to live within those constraints. Neall

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones