• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jofredericks

Jan 24, 2014
Over the past couple of days storage has suddenly dropped from over 200mb to 30mg. I have deleted almost every app save for FB, CM security, CM cleaner, and a spider solitaire. I have Kindle for android with only one book on device. I refuse to use FB messenger, so that's not an issue. I have Google Cloud on here. I also have an SD card and everything possible to move there is already there. Should I do any additional backup before trying a factory reset?

I've already done those things. Just tried a backup to laptop. Next step is factory reset. I feel so stupid. Have been using computers for decades. You would think these phones wouldn't stump me like this.

I know this is a different phone but did you try this? http://www.guyrutenberg.com/2013/11/01/galaxy-s2-clearing-logs-on-an-unrooted-phone/ I don't know if that will work. There are some similar codes floating around you could try searching for. Wish I could be more help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones