1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Storage mount problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 20phileagles, Mar 15, 2011.

1. 20phileagles

20phileagles Newbie
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Droid Inc. running
    Incredibly Re-Engineered Z
    HeyItsLou Custom Sense Kernel #4
    When I plug in to my pc, the only drive that shows up is my SD card. I used to get 2, phone and sd. If I format phone storage, what will I lose. It seems like everything like contacts and most accounts are synced with google anyway.
    I guess what Im asking is will formating the phone storage create the necessary folders such as mp3 and the others with out losing any backups.

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    no,you do not want to format internal phone storage. im not sure what bad things will happen,if any,but you will lose data that you have stored there.

from what i understand,it is common for Z roms to not see internal phone storage.

20phileagles likes this.
  3. suprafreak1000

suprafreak1000 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 24, 2010
    Colorado
    Internal Storage not mounting when on ur pc is a known Z rom issue. For all Z roms.

There is now a fix, which all the Z roms are currently getting it implemented into. If possible, maybe Chingy will make a flashable zip, but he might do a nev Ver. of his rom too. Incubus has it in his new Warm Z nightly, NilsP just put out a new Ver. of his rom with it in it too.

So in short, just keep checking Chingy's thread if you plan on stickin with his rom. He'll prolly update it tonight im guessing, or tomorrow.

20phileagles likes this.