• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage not updating

It's only when I delete things. The storage doesn't update then eventually becomes too full unless I reset the phone. When reset, the storage will show the correct number but I'm not sure if constantly resetting my phone will lead to some other problem. Does anyone know how I might fix this or at least tell me if resetting all the time won't cause any problems later down the road?

Install SD maid from the play store to clean up everything
Thanks for the advice. I don't however actually like using phone cleaning apps, I personally think there a waste of storage and ram when I can clean my phone manually emptying the catches and unused apps. I use to use clean master. Cleaning my phone isn't the problem though, the problem is the storage isn't showing that things are deleting. For example, say I have 2gb storage free on my phone and I delete an app that's 1gb, the storage will still say I have 2gb storage free when it should say I have 3gb free. When I reset the phone it will then say I have 3gb free which is correct.

Upvote 0
Usually Android devices should update their free space as soon as you delete files, that's what I've found.

Perhaps this Sony has some sort of recycle bin or trash can feature, where it keeps deleted files for a time? Like PCs or Macs do. I've never had or seen a Sony Xperia phone, so that's just a guess of course.

Upvote 0
What do you mean when you say reset? Does that mean just rebooting the phone?

Rebooting the phone is fine every once in a while. It should not be done every day though.
Yeah just turning the phone off and on again I mean. Suppose I can deal with it if it's not gonna cause my phone any problems, until I can get something a little more dearer anyway.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones