1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

storage setting in samsung galaxy mini (android 2.2)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by protect747, Nov 1, 2011.

1. protect747

protect747 Lurker
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    Hi, My question is not directly related to android software. i am using galaxy mini, total phone internal memory is 181 mb out of which 150 mb is occupied. my phone has external memory of 2 GB (25% is utilized up to date).
    Problem i am having is related to storage setting, i.e, i want that the new apps i download in future must utilise SD card and not phone memory. Recently i tried to download a game of ~50 mb from android market, but my download did not occur and give the error that "enough memory is not available, plz remove the current applications to download this app." i figure out that app i tried to download tried to utilize internal phone memory.

Let me explain "my research" i did to solve the issue:

1. i search in "setting" and i found no option in it to set SD card as primary storage devise.

2. i go to settings > application > manage applications > running > setting storage (v 2.2.1). All the options (i.e. force stop, uninstall, clear data, move to SD card) is "off". ( i am getting impression that the function is disable??) see the attachment plz.

if someone using the same phone reading my question then kindly explain me this and help me out, i am feeling that i cannot install any apps as my internal memory is nearly full??

Attached Files:

Advertisement

crunch200 likes this.
  2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Here is the link to the Mini area here at AF. It is there that you will find the users of your phone who can best assist/advise you.
    Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) - Android Forums Do be warned that many apps are not written for or will not work properly when installed to the SD card... especially games.

protect747 likes this.
  3. crunch200

crunch200 Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2012
    This is exactly what happened to me too, but with my samsung galaxy apollo and I dont know how to change the media storage settings to the Sd card storage because my phone storage is full!

Please reply ASAP.

4. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello crunch and welcome to Android Forums. Here is the area where your Apollo is discussed. The good users there will be best suited to help you clear some space and install apps. Have fun and good luck.
    Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3) - Android Forums

5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello and welcome to both of you. Thanks for stopping in to join us here. I hope this place will prove useful to you.

Enjoy! :).
    If you need any help navigating the site, just give one of us Guides a shout!