1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Storage Space filling up even when I delete apps!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Blackhawk820, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Blackhawk820

Blackhawk820 Lurker

Hey,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 active and it's been acting up recently. It has 16GB memory but it says it's full. When I click on Settings-Storage-Used Space, it says I have 4.60 MB of downloads, but when I click on the downloads, there's nothing there! Even when I plug into my computer and pull up the downloads folder, there's nothing there.
    I've deleted Yik Yak, Instagram, and Facebook to try and make some space, but I have less space than when I had all of those apps! I haven't taken any more photos, and I can't download any app updates or even software updates. I have 24 updates waiting and a software update.
    I'm at the end of my rope here and I'm looking for solutions. Any advice would be great.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Juhainan

Juhainan Lurker

Good Morning, I have found that when you uninstall updates from Apps that you do not use like Google+ or Google News etc this will help clear out Some Space, This is not always the case so you need to maintain what you are updating, and because there is no fix to getting more data, treat your device like you would your room, when there are too many things it gets full so you get rid of most of everything you don't want, in this instance put everything as a backup on a PC, Laptop or USB Hardrive's etc. and do a factory reset and clear the data on the Device...Hope this helps have a good day

3. Termin8

Termin8 Member

Blackhawk, did you ever rectify this issue with your phone?