1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Storage space running out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by l3vz1m1n, Oct 31, 2014.

1. l3vz1m1n

l3vz1m1n Lurker

Hello, I have a Samsung galaxy s2, running cyanogenmod. I have been having the 'Storage space runnning out' problem for a very long time. At first I started deleting apps, but the space would not get updated. Later I realized that all my apps together take about 150 MB. They are not even close to reaching 1.97 GB. I looked into the problem and found out that the data/log folder was filled with hundreds of files (some where a few kb, others above 50 MB). I deleted them all (select all => delete selection) but the space was not updated! I tried going into recovery mode and wiping cache and davlik cache and it doesn't work. Right now I have 0-2 MB of storage space (it changes when I try to delete some things), what do I do? Thanks in advance, I hope you'll help me. I would like to avoid a factory reset, but if there's no other option I'll do it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see your having problems with space and trying to avoid a factory reset. A reset is good to do it will clean the device and provide space to use . Now it is one that I Dont see . MOVING APPS NOT USED FROM SYSTEM TO THE SD CARD.yes you can move apps to the SD card this will provide space to use . But if you really want to make space move the Facebook app if using this is one space HOGGER . Try moving apps and please Dont put SYSTEM APPS ON SD CARD.

3. l3vz1m1n

l3vz1m1n Lurker

4. l3vz1m1n

l3vz1m1n Lurker

Ok guys, so I did these 3 things, one of them must have solved the problem:

1. I went into recovery mod and wiped the cache and divlock cache. (this one didn't directly help, but might have had some effect).

2. I started deleting any non necessary apps I had. I did this to free up some space an install CCleaner, but I think that it might have helped the phone 'realize' that there is more available space than it shows.

3. I ran the terminal with the next commands (Break line \ enter after each):

• su
    • cd /data/log
    • rm *
    JUST MAKE SURE you don't accidentaly cd to another directory (cd means navigation)

4. I downloaded CCleaner (It didn't let me install it at first, but I tried the next day and it worked) and ran it's cleaner.

I have free 1.4 GB of space. I suspect that the 600 MB used are still incorrect, but at least I have some space to use not (I had 1 MB before).

Thank you guys!!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews