• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i know i have seen threads for moving cache from phone to sd card but im wondering if it is possibly to move programs at all? my old phone i could do this

You can backup many programs to the SD card, but you can't run them. The only way to do that right now is to have root access to the phone. Then you can run a program called AP2SD that will allow running apps from the card itself. Until we get root, we won't be able to do it. There has been talk that Google plans to open this ability up for non-root users in some future software update, but they are trying to protect programs and prevent piracy with some form of encryption.

If you are just looking to move apps that you are not using too often off of your phone tot he SD card many file managers will do this. Some apps will show up as protected and you won't be able to move them though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones