1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Store Google Play Music on SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brad_italiano, Jul 11, 2016.

1. brad_italiano

brad_italiano Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2015
    Male
    Hi,

I've tried doing searches on Google and on the forums, and I haven't found a solid answer. I have been debating for awhile between the HTC 10 and the GS7 Edge. One of my biggest needs is storage space for music, which I download through Google Play Music. I have almost 30 GB of music currently stored on my GS6.

I know with the GS7 you aren't able to make the SD card adoptable storage without some tinkering, which I'd rather not do. My question is, are you able to move the Google Play Music app to the SD card? Because on my GS6 all the music is technically stored under the Google Play Music app. Either that or can someone verify on the GS7 you can store music locally on the SD card (obviously without adoptable storage). This is one of my last hurdles before I plan on getting the phone.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    You do not need adoptable storage to move music to your SD card on the Galaxy S7 edge. I have all my music stored on the SD card. Go for it.

brad_italiano, tube517 and KOLIO like this.
  3. brad_italiano

brad_italiano Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2015
    Male
    Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!!

4. bhl62

bhl62 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2010
    Make sure you set the Settings->Storage Location in the Play Music app to the SD card, it defaults to internal storage.

Snakeyeskm likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.