• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Storing Apps on Ext Sd card on Gs3 i747m??

Hey guys and gals, I finally got a class 10 32 gb card gor my s3 amd now im trying to figure out ow to store apps on it on my s3. Im confused as too why samsung took away the "move to sd" option that my old s2 had... ANYWAY I had an app called "GL to Sd" for awhile and a 16gb class 4 pny memory card which all of the sudden failed one day... Im not sure if it failed because it was a low class or because i was storing apps on it. Theres really no way to know.. bottom lune it failed. So now i have a new lexar class 10 card and im ki da leary about using that same app again... Is there a list anywhere of apps that are safe to store on your sd card?? Ive heard that some can and some cant... I just dont know how to tell which ones need to live on the internal memory and which ones can stay on the sd card and still be used from there with no problems... I have a 16gb phone and 32 gb card... thats mainly why i want to do this... free up so e i ternal memory by storing huge apps on the card... anyone with any ideas feel free to comment... I am looking for a free file manager that would work to move apps to the sd... thx in advance...

Thx guys... I know that option was removed at jellybean... but that wasnt wasnt saving to your external sd anyway.. that was sd internal memory as they called it... it was still call "sdcard" even tho it wasnt a actual card... my old s2 has 12gb of that... i think it was more like virtual memory... and it didnt take the app... it left that main app on your intenal and took all the data from it and stored it on the sd card...

ANYWAY... I am rooted... and i know it can be done... i can just download GL to sD again... it works... or i may just buy root explorer finally... i never really felt like i needed it until now... I was just looking for other free apps that someone else might have used.... there are a ton of fake ones that dont work so its tough... just have to read reviews and try some i guess...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones