• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storing pics in alphabetic order

Spawman

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
Here's the deal. The Droid is great. But I need my phone to be able to identify people by their name tagged to their pic. I am a physician and I photo all my new patients so I can identify them when they call me. I have nearly 800 photos I'd like to upload but I can't find a way to search for them by Name. Finding by date won't help. Any suggestions?

Here's the deal. The Droid is great. But I need my phone to be able to identify people by their name tagged to their pic. I am a physician and I photo all my new patients so I can identify them when they call me. I have nearly 800 photos I'd like to upload but I can't find a way to search for them by Name. Finding by date won't help. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
I need my phone to be able to identify people by their name tagged to their pic. I am a physician and I photo all my new patients so I can identify them when they call me. I have nearly 800 photos I'd like to upload but I can't find a way to search for them by Name. Finding by date won't help. Any suggestions?
Since the photos in the gallery appear in date order, then simply manipulate that date. I posted the following answer a month ago in the 2.1 Bugs and Questions sticky thread. That's one of the best places to look first.
I copied all my pictures to my pc via usb storage mount, then converted them all to the Droid screen size (480x854) with the Free Picture Resize Starter PC app (download.cnet.com). I converted them in the order I wanted them to appear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones