• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZAZusmc03

May 6, 2010
My wife and I both have Storms (1) and we are both elgible for upgrades. I plan on ordering myself an Incredible, but im trying to figure out which phone would be best for my wife. She is picky and hasn't really looked into any of the android phones. She loves her storm, but is sick of dealing with all of the problems that come with it. I was wondering what the learning curve is like for someone coming over from the Storm to the Eris. Thanks for the help in advance.

The learning curve for the Eris would be the exact same as the Incredible, they run the exact same software.
That being said, I would not get her an Eris. I think they may not even be available for purchase anymore, as they are being discontinued. The Incredible is a much better phone, but if price is an Issue the LG Ally also runs the same software (Android 2.1). If she would be interested in a physical keyboard, the Ally has that as well.
I have an Incredible on order now but am probably denying the delivery and getting the Droid X, as my Incredible won't even ship until after the Droid X has been released.
Keep in mind the 1 month backorder on the Incredible as well.

Upvote 0
Before getting any phone for either of you I think you should hang out on the respective phones forum and hear what people have to say about it - both good and bad. Then determine if, in your case, the bad outweighs the good. I've heard anecdotal evidence that the battery life on the Incredible is far worse (I've heard '4 hours') than it is on the Eris. Personally I think the battery life on the Eris is acceptable (it lasts all day for me) but other folks have a problem with it. But if you were to go to the Incredible forum you might see other people who don't have any battery problem at all.
Ultimately, I've got the feeling that it's a giant crap shoot... you rolls yer dice and you takes yer chances....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones