• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Straight Talk AT&T Sim Settings for Phablet

Hi everyone. I did just redo the settings according to suggestions on a thread I found here for the AT&T sim card for Straight Talk. I just purchased a "phablet" and ordered my sim through ST and received it yesterday. Got everything set up and it worked like a charm. However, today it wouldn't make/receive calls or send messages. After trying to redo everything and rebooting the tablet, initially nothing happened, then a few minutes later the tablet called the house phone...twice! I didn't even touch it and there was no indication on the tablet that a call was made. I messed around with settings again, rebooted, then got the tablet to receive a call again but later it wouldn't...and whenever the call would not go through to the tablet it would call the house phone again! Does anyone know why this happens and how I can finally get my tablet set to receive/make calls and send messages? I have plenty of bars indicating good reception. The model of the tablet is the Freelander PX2. It's a quad core tablet with two sim slots, dual OS (Windows and Android), gps, etc. Pretty awesome features...if only I can resolve the phone capabilities issue. Your input will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Go to HowardForums, to the ST section and look for (or ask for) the Miami number for customer service. That's about their best telephone reps.

If you can't get help there, go to their Facebook page and ask one of the reps for help.

Using the APN settings that come with the SIM (they have had at least 4 different SIMs so far, and at least 3 different sets of APN settings) usually works right off the bat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones