1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Straight Talk / Google Voice voicemail on ported Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Straight Talk' started by xrae, Jul 19, 2016.

1. xrae

xrae Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Female
    Hi all, I have a ex-Verizon Galaxy S4 that I just ported to Straight Talk / Verizon towers. For the 2+ years until I ported it, I used Google Voice for my voicemail on Verizon.

I have tried to use GV voicemail now that I have switched over to Straight Talk and I cannot get it to work.

Another family member has a native ST android phone but on AT&T network, and I was able to get GV voicemail to work for her just fine.

Is it possible to get Google Voice voicemail to work for me on my S4 now that I have switched over to Straight Talk? I sometimes travel out of country and I need to get my voicemails over email when I'm away. Plus, I just don't want to have to listen to voicemails. Who wants to do that when I can get them via text.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

What steps did you take to try to activate it on ST?

I'd go in and at least clear cache, sign out, sign back in and re-forward it. Maybe even un-forward before you do all that. It seems like it may just be stuck in some sort of loop. The Verizon forward/unforward codes may (or may not) be different than the ST codes. IIRC there is an extra step for Verizon, it doesn't work seamlessly on it's own.

edit: by unforward I mean use the Verizon unforward code, *73 or go into settings online, not the app, and deactivate it there. Then start from scratch.

#2 Clementine_3, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. xrae

xrae Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Female
    Hey, thank you! That worked.

I don't think I was deactivating the Verizon voicemail properly. That's all I needed to do, then reactivate it, choosing Verizon again, even though that isn't my carrier now.

Me love you long time! :D

Jfalls63 and Clementine_3 like this.