1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Straight Talk Sim Card Questions

Discussion in 'Straight Talk' started by SLB26, Jan 22, 2013.

1. SLB26

SLB26 Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I've been a ST user for almost 3yrs, love it. :) It was my first and only prepaid experience (I've had TM and Verizon, ect before). I was thrilled once they finally started offering the ability to use Android Smartphones as when I originally switched I had to leave my smartphone behind for a very limited phone! :(

Now I have a couple of questions as I'm looking for a new phone upgrade and don't want any that ST currently has to offer.

Since I'm already a ST user. If I purchase an unlocked phone can I use my current ST sim card in my new phone instead of purchasing the ATT sim from their site? Also if I purchase an ATT phone could I do the same (my current ST service is through ATT) and use it with ST.

If I have to get a new sim $15 is no big deal, but if I don't need it then obviously no reason to bother.

Advertisement

2. Joshb101

Joshb101 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Male
    California
    I believe you can use your same SIM card as long as the phone is an ATT phone or unlocked. Though if you have an old long SIM card a lot of the new smartphones use micro-sim cards so you may have to either cut your current SIM card or just go ahead and buy a new one. But honestly you can't hurt anything by trying.

3. SLB26

SLB26 Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Thanks, I have a micro sim now (had this phone a lil over a year). I'm fairly sure I can do it, so I will give it a try once I get a new phone.