• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Straight Talk Sim Card Questions

SLB26

Jan 22, 2013
I've been a ST user for almost 3yrs, love it. :) It was my first and only prepaid experience (I've had TM and Verizon, ect before). I was thrilled once they finally started offering the ability to use Android Smartphones as when I originally switched I had to leave my smartphone behind for a very limited phone! :(

Now I have a couple of questions as I'm looking for a new phone upgrade and don't want any that ST currently has to offer.

Since I'm already a ST user. If I purchase an unlocked phone can I use my current ST sim card in my new phone instead of purchasing the ATT sim from their site? Also if I purchase an ATT phone could I do the same (my current ST service is through ATT) and use it with ST.

If I have to get a new sim $15 is no big deal, but if I don't need it then obviously no reason to bother.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones