1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Straight Talk Transform Ultra

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChemicalFix, Jul 8, 2012.

1. ChemicalFix

ChemicalFix Member

Jul 8, 2012
    First and foremost, I would like to give some credit where it is due.

bads3ctor: Thanks for the tut on how to root a TU. I wouldn't have been able to get to where I have without root. I would certainly be tossing a few donations to people if I had the cash right now.

Here is what I am having trouble with/needing advice on. I have a Transform Ultra, and I have successfully gotten Calling and texting working just fine. I am trying to copy the settings I would need to get internet and mms working, but since I have found zero evidence of anyone even attempting to make this work... I am lost. I can admit it.

I'm working with a Galaxy Precedent for a "donor" where I'm pulling all of the settings that I can, to try to get everything set up and rocking. I own both phones, just doing this because honestly Straight Talks phone choices kinda blow, but I am happy with the service.

If anyone has advice, or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Advertisement

Juggaloelmo likes this.
  2. jdogrambo

jdogrambo Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    i want to be on straight talj

3. ChemicalFix

ChemicalFix Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Ok, I didn't get a reply (and I will admit to being a noob) but now, I have data working, though when I try to make a call I get an error 16.

If anyone has any tips for resolving that (straight talk customer service insists that they can't help) I would love to hear them.

Also, if anyone else is trying to do this, I can give a few pointers as to what I did.

4. jdogrambo

jdogrambo Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    what did you do?

5. ChemicalFix

ChemicalFix Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Long answer short, I did that which must not be spoken of.

Then through a lot of trial and error, I accidentally got everything working.

I have a Sprint TU running $hEvRoN ROM version 5.3.2, (a very nice BOOST rom) on Straight Talk.

In the end, I sorted my nvitems by when they had last been modified, and took everything modified after the activation date of the phone I was pulling settings from, and copied them over in EFS File Explorer (QPST).

I turned the phone off, then back on. It works, and I am not going to tinker with anything just yet.

6. reapert

reapert Well-Known Member

call boost ask about carrier lock and if there is ask if theres a way to unlock (might dailer code with special steps) and if they ask why say your wanting to travel. hope this gives you a better idea of what to do

7. cagedbeast87

cagedbeast87 New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Im trying to do the same exact thing. please help me thru this as i have looked everywhere on how to diy. Seems you have figured it out.. please run me thru this..

8. cagedbeast87

cagedbeast87 New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    i have the qpst program.. im trying to do the same exact thing. im new at this. please run me thru it. i will be a happy camper.