• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ackliph

May 25, 2011
I wanted to put my experience out there on the internet in case someone else is contemplating switching service to Straight Talk with their Exhibit 4G

I called up and got my unlock code from T-Mobile in less than one day.
I ordered my AT&T SIM card from Straight Talk for unlocked phones.
Swapped out the SIM card.

I now have full 3G speeds and stable service EVERYWHERE. (T-Mobile service is lacking in Arkansas.)

$45 for and Android unlimited everything that WORKS! (No thank you, Boost)

Hello I saw your post and wanted to ask a question. I have the same exact setup as you do, however im only getting edge speeds, and not 3g as reported by most users. I set my apn settings per instructions thst came with the att Sim card activation kit. Did you do any other special settings to get the 3g speeds? If so can you share? Thank you in advance. Much peace & kindness!

Upvote 0
does anyone know if you have a phone that has been blacklisted on t mobile if i can still use on straight talk? iiv read on the net that it wont work on simple mobile but was wondering about straight talk since it uses both at&t and t mobiles network instead of simple mobile that only uses t mobile.... anyone?

Upvote 0
Hi, can anyone advise the quickest way to switch from T Mobile's prepaid to Straight Talk? I have different things some saying that it is not possible, and other's say that it is. I called Straight Talk, and they advised me that I needed to know the type of SIM card on my Samsung S2. I have no clue, and thought that they would know this info. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones