1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange battery discharge behaviour.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krome, Dec 21, 2011.

1. krome

krome Lurker

Hi All,

today my GS2 began to get very warm whilst in my pocket and not in use. I took it out and noticed half the battery had depleted.

I charged up last night and used the phone very little today so the battery should be fine. I have attached a screen shot.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kayne5

kayne5 Member

I got the same few times after restarting my handset due to little choppyness, I think restart is causing that !

3. krome

krome Lurker

Its odd, i hadnt used the phone for a couple of hours and the only thing i used that day was whatsapp which is no different from normal. It just got warm all by itself and drained the battery.....

4. rajab1

rajab1 Lurker

I have had same problem. Later found out that the anti virus "Junos Pulse" was taking nearly 60% cpu. And it would start to do scan when ever the phone restarted. Uninstalled it and now S2 works fine.
    You might have a app thats causing this. You an check which app takes max usage by going to settings -> Applications -> Battery Usage.

5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

I just do not see a need for AV software. At least not now, but maybe in the future!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews