1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Strange battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SirVilhelm, May 16, 2011.

1. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    The last couple of days I've noticed something strange with my battery. I keep it on the charger all night and when I get up in the morning my phone says the battery is at 100% and the charge LED is green. The instant I pull my phone off the charger it drops a couple percent. I thought that was strange so this morning instead of pulling the phone off I just shut it down. Once the phone was completely off the LED went from Green to Orange as if it was charging again. It look another 20 minutes to turn green again. I powered the phone up and as soon as sense is loaded I am back to 93% battery.

Anyone else see this? I've wiped battery stats and did the whole calibration but that didn't seem to fix the issue.

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    This is a known problem with HTC devices. Once the phone reaches 100% it stops charging, even if it's still on the charger. Do a search for "HTC Bump Charging" if you'd like to find out some more info.

McLabia likes this.
  3. DCM*T*BOLT

DCM*T*BOLT Member
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    My Inc2 is doing the same thing.... really losing faith in HTC phones... 3 defective Thunderbolts..and on my 2nd Inc2 ... I love the phones if they would just work as they are supposed to, but the quality control seems to be horrendous. At this point I plan on a different brand for my next phone if HTC hasn't gotten their quality control act together by then.