• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange behaviour battery/charge status

ggmeese

Lurker
May 8, 2012
Hello,

Back in Dec. 2011 I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace running 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD.XWKS9, until now I had no problem with it.

But since a couple of days it does strange things with battery/charge status and USB connection status
- If I power off the phone, no way to start it again unless it's connected to the AC adapter, even if it was just fully charged
- When I disconnect the adapter after full charge the symbol "charging" remains displayed (sometimes after minutes/hours I suddenly get a notification "Battery fully charged. Unplug charger.)
- The battery gauge remains indefinitely at 100%
- After disconnecting the USB cable the symbol "USB connected" remains undefinitely diplayed in the status bar.

In first instance I suspected the battery but its performance remains OK (2 days) and when trying to use another battery of the same model the problem persists.
I did a full reset of the phone then let it fully discharge then fully charge, but that didn't help as well.

I hope somebody would have an idea on how to solve this, or at least help me to determine if I need to send the phone back for repair.

Thanks !

Gerald

Thanks ! Actually I did restore the phone to its factory settings but that didn't help... What do you mean by "clear the cache" ?

I looked at the issue again today, I have the impression that somehow there could be a huge delay between an effective status change and the moment it's displayed on the phone : around 11AM I disconnected the USB cable and at 4PM only the USB symbol disappeared and the battery symbol changed from charging to discharging.

Tonight I'll leave the phone discharge completely then I'll give it a full charge during the night... Wait and see !

Cheers,

Gerald

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones