1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Strange behaviour battery/charge status

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ggmeese, May 8, 2012.

1. ggmeese

ggmeese Lurker
    None

May 8, 2012
    Hello,

Back in Dec. 2011 I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace running 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD.XWKS9, until now I had no problem with it.

But since a couple of days it does strange things with battery/charge status and USB connection status
    - If I power off the phone, no way to start it again unless it's connected to the AC adapter, even if it was just fully charged
    - When I disconnect the adapter after full charge the symbol "charging" remains displayed (sometimes after minutes/hours I suddenly get a notification "Battery fully charged. Unplug charger.)
    - The battery gauge remains indefinitely at 100%
    - After disconnecting the USB cable the symbol "USB connected" remains undefinitely diplayed in the status bar.

In first instance I suspected the battery but its performance remains OK (2 days) and when trying to use another battery of the same model the problem persists.
    I did a full reset of the phone then let it fully discharge then fully charge, but that didn't help as well.

I hope somebody would have an idea on how to solve this, or at least help me to determine if I need to send the phone back for repair.

Thanks !

Gerald

Advertisement

2. kicsrules

kicsrules Member
    None

Apr 5, 2012
    try to restore to factory settings, clear the cache .....

3. ggmeese

ggmeese Lurker
    None

May 8, 2012
    Thanks ! Actually I did restore the phone to its factory settings but that didn't help... What do you mean by "clear the cache" ?

I looked at the issue again today, I have the impression that somehow there could be a huge delay between an effective status change and the moment it's displayed on the phone : around 11AM I disconnected the USB cable and at 4PM only the USB symbol disappeared and the battery symbol changed from charging to discharging.

Tonight I'll leave the phone discharge completely then I'll give it a full charge during the night... Wait and see !

Cheers,

Gerald

4. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    India
    Maybe it is a baseband related bug. Try updating your phone via odin to some other baseband like ddkq8. Full instructions available at sammobile.com

5. ggmeese

ggmeese Lurker
    None

May 8, 2012
    Problem seems to have been fixed by itself after 2 - 3 full cycles of (dis)charge.

Cheers - Gerald