1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

strange bleeps and spontaneous silence

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mscactus, Dec 21, 2011.

1. mscactus

mscactus Lurker

hmm if i ever write a book i'll call it that.

seriously tho - i've had my s2 a few weeks now and mostly really like it, it's taken some getting used to but that's ok.

but 2 things are still baffling me - if you guys have any ideas that'd be helpful.

1: my s2 keeps making a high pitched, short bleeping sound at apparently random intervals. there is never a notification with the bleep, nothing else happens at all, so if it's trying to tell me something i can't tell what it is. anyone else have this and know a way to stop it? it's a really annoying noise!

2: my s2 keeps spontaneously going into silent mode. for instance i've had it sitting on this table for the last hour or so. when i put it on the table i turned the sound/ringer on. next time i looked, the sound had gone back to silent. this has happened 4 times in the last 1-2 hours! it's weird. if i put the ringer on, it's because i want to hear if i'm being contacted, it's not very helpful for it to revert to silent. can anyone think of a reason this might be happening? all i can think of is that maybe in some app or other i've set a sleep period and it's somehow overriden the system wide sound settings, but that would be a bit weird, no?

any help very much appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Monarhs

Monarhs Lurker

Have noticed it on my phone as well, but not that often, it only happens sometimes randomly if i haven't used my phone for a while... and the sound appears when i'm starting to use my phone, when pressing the big button to unlock the screen.

Anyone got any idea?

3. mscactus

mscactus Lurker

mine doesn't seem to be at all connected to when i'm using or about to use it, it's just really random. it's baffling!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews