1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange boot up screen with "Custom"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rnlcomp, Sep 28, 2014.

1. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Android Enthusiast

...below the start up where it shows the model of phone, there is a picture of a lock that appears to be unlocked and the word Custom on screen, is this normal after rooting this phone?

I came from a long line of Motorola droids and have never seen such or do I have an unlocked bootloader or what?

I'm not new to rooting or droids but this one I have no idea about. Link below for video of what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/0KmFyWD1XVo

Thanks in advanced for any input.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

if you flashed a custom kernel or recovery, you'll get that icon at boot. its harmless but if you want to get rid of it, try the 'triangle away' app.

3. rnlcomp

Didn't do either, I simply rooted it with towel root and it showed up on restart.

Doesn't bother me, I was just curious. I also checked the knox counter and it said 0x0 if that matters.

4. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

The Knox counter only matters for warranty repairs (it shouldn't but does, is the best way to treat it.) yours is still 0x0 which is untripped. It also matters of you want to bring your phone into work and user corporate email etc on it. The "Knox warranty" for a secure device is compromised and they (your companies IT department) won't let you use it.

You may be rooted, but to do things like a Nandroid and flash .zip files to mod your device you will need a custom recovery. Flashing one of these will trip it to 0x1 the only other state it can have.

5. rnlcomp

Thanks, it's my personal phone so I don't really care about the knox thing, was just curious why it has that unlocked padlock looking thing with the custom below it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews