• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange Contact Link Issue

Dbl_Tap

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
I searched and couldn't find this issue.

My employee called and left a voicemail on my Vonage business line which automatically emailed me a notification and a text message.

If you're not familiar with Vonage's notification the email it sends you looks like this:

15552221234@vonage.com (the first part is the person's phone number).

Ever since then I can start a new text to my employee and it will go through and the conversation in the SMS menu looks normal but as soon as he replies to me it then switches from his info to the 15552221234@vw.vonage.com and if I reply in that thread he won't get it.

If I start a new message I can send him one again and as soon as it is sent it merges with the original conversation thread and switches it back to the normal looking thread but again as soon as he responds it switches back again.

I've searched the phone for the 15515552221234@vw.vonage.com and can't find it referenced anywhere. I tried deleting the call log and still nothing. I've looked under contact history and can't find 15552221234@vw.vonage.com for him or Vonage.

It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones