1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Strange Crashing (with photo)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sertaconay, Jan 21, 2013.

1. sertaconay

sertaconay Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2013
    Hello Dear Android Users.

I have a strange problem with my Nexus 7. It mostly crashes while i was playing NFS or FIFA games about five-ten minutes. It also crashes while other apps are running but not that much. I don't know what was wrong but i take photo of the screen maybe somebody had this. When it crashes, sounds are like television which doesn't show things properly.(I don't know how to call this sound.)

[​IMG]

I bought Nexus about ten days ago. I have an antivirus app and similar security and performance apps.

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 30, 2012
    Technology Consultant Software + Hardware engineer
    Newport RI
    That is a typical screen pattern that you would see when the program runs into the video graphics memory. you should probably do a factory reset and use it normally without those game apps that you installed and see if it runs normally before you install your games again.

GirlFriday likes this.
  3. sertaconay

sertaconay Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2013
    OK, i did a factory reset as you say. I will use my Nexus without games for 4-5 days and then install the games. I will install my other apps except battery saver or performance apps, now.

4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    Let us know if it continues!

5. sertaconay

sertaconay Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2013
    Hello again.

It happened last night. I didn't install any game app. I was browsing apps in the menu, this screen appeared. Battery was 4% around. Should i send it where i bought it and want them to fix this issue or do you suggest anything to do?

6. JanComputerman

None

Jul 30, 2012
    Newport RI
    You ran the battery down that low? Yikes! That could be the problem ... The battery gauge is not that precise and a surge could drag it down just enough to crash it. In an effort to have the battery last as many years as possible don't go below 50% charge.

7. sertaconay

sertaconay Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2013
    Then i will try a few days without running battery that low. Is it harmful to play while charging? I did a quick search and some people says that it's no harm. But when i play game before that screen appears and using other apps while charging, my Nexus was getting hotter. I need to indicate that i saw this screen pattern more while my Nexus was hotter. I don't know if it is coincidence. Sorry for not saying this in first post.

8. JanComputerman

None

Jul 30, 2012
    Newport RI
    Yup too hot to hold to hot to drink, errr play games! Old Chinese saying! It is why their tea cups have no handles. Remember there are no cooling fans on your tablet so if you got a game that's making it work really hard and you're in a warm room or holding it in your hand you just limited the cooling affect and it will crash if it overheats. Those 12 video processors and quad core CPU can generate a little bit of heat if you really make them work hard. Usually gets hot along the left lower side when held in portrait mode.