• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange Default Dialer issue Galaxy S4

yakuzah

Lurker
Mar 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,
I have recently moved over to Android from iPhone and love my S4. However I hate the default dialer and contacts so installed a new app from play.google.com.

I also made sure I cleared the default dialer App settings and made the newly downloaded dialer the default for contacts and making calls.

The problem I am experiencing is when I have missed a call. If I miss a call and pull down the notification window from the top and press the missed call information, I expected my phone to launch the default dialer/contacts app which I downloaded.

However, it does not and launches the Samsung Dialer, even though it is not set as default.

thanks in advance.

I checked and double checked that the Samsung app is not default, and I have even tried different dialers and contact apps but I always experience the same issue.

can anyone help please? I am kind off stuck and have reached the conclusion that I may be stuck with the default app which is horrible,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones