• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange error on LAN connection to Windows 10

Link1227

Dec 25, 2011
So I was using X-plore to browse files on my pc on a Shield TV. I can browse the files, but if I open say, 10-15 files back to back, the connection stops working and it asks for user and password, even though it's saved,
The files are NOT opened at the same time.

After about 10 mins, it starts working again, and does it again. I have this issue with every file explorer that can do LAN or SMB connection, EXCEPT for CX file explorer, but it's not very android tv friendly.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

My guess is that you are pushing your Lan connection over the top and the connection breaks when you open too many files at once
My connection is strong though, and why does it not do this with cx file explorer?

Also when I mount as network storage the problem doesn't happen, but I need write access so I can use that.

I think it's SMB related?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones