• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange Error While Upgrading to Froyo

Wizidon

Lurker
Dec 20, 2010
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to upgrade my Captivate to Froyo the past couple of days using Kies Mini. I am on the stock ROM an I haven't roote my Captivate. I am running a 32-bit Windows Vistas OS and I can successfully install the Usb Drivers and Kies Mini. I follow the instructions on the Samsung Website but when I click on Phone Upgrade, I get this error.

I've tried variations like putting in the usb cable in first, then starting Kies Mini; or turning usb debugging mode on and off, but I get the same error. Samsung Tech Support was no help at all an I haven't seen similar problems elsewhere. Anyone know what is wrong?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Kies Mini Error.zip
    207.2 KB · Views: 70
I am running Touchwiz and I uninstalled IE9, but I get the same error. Is the error with my PC, or my Captivate? I know it isn't recommended, but should I bring it in an At&t store to get it updated?

I'm almost thinking about rooting and flashing a ROM; but I've waited this long, I can wait some more...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones